Grief Support Resources
Every person must cope with loss of a loved on his or her own terms.
The emotional upheaval these trying times can cause is sometimes so overwhelming that even the support of friends and family may not help relieve the amount of sadness and grief you feel.
At McKoon Funeral Home & Crematory we offer the following aftercare grief sessions:
Center for Loss & Transition
A leading provider of information and inspiration in the areas of illness and dying, loss and grief, healthy caregiving, life transition, and spirituality.
An international gateway to resources for life-threatening illness and end of life issues. Hypertext topic pages link to sites around the world. Links to hospice and home care, bereavement, death with dignity, AIDS, and related topics in life-threatening illness.
GriefNet is an Internet community of persons dealing with grief, death, and major loss. They have many email support groups. Their integrated approach to online grief support provides help to people working through loss and grief issues.
National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
Committed to improving end of life care and expanding access to hospice care with the goal of profoundly enhancing quality of life for people dying in America and their loved ones.
>Still Birth Day
Resources for parents, family and friends of people experiencing the unthinkable, the loss of their babies. At Stillbirthday, we believe that every birth is still a birthday and that each life should be recognized, cherished and remembered. http://www.stillbirthday.com
- § www.soulcareproject.org
- § www.dyingmatters.org (dying, death and bereavement help)
- § www.griefhaven.org (for parents of deceased children)
- § www.compassionatefriends.org (for parents of deceased children)
- § www.hope360.org; (help for divorce, addiction, loss; stories by individual Christians)
- § http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/conditions/coping-loss-bereavement-and-grief (for anyone facing loss)
- § www.thelifeididntchoose.com (for parents of deceased children)
- § https://nationalwidowers.org/ (for men who have lost a spouse)
- § http://thelizlogelinfoundation.org/ (for widows and widowers with young families)
- § http://www.opentohope.com/ (for anyone facing loss)
- § https://www.secondfirsts.com/ (for anyone facing loss)